Select a top shortwave radio from Kaito
Connected to Emergency Alert System (EAS)
Variety of choices for power source
Designed for everyday use and disaster preparedness
Variety of frequency selections
Comes with favorite shortwave radio accessories
At least one or two Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 reviews talk about the crank needing less aggressive turning to avoid breakage. Children should not be allowed to play with the crank handle.
The radio has no fine tuning adjustment but works well enough as it is.
Customer rating -> B
- Through the National Weather Radio (NWR), the Kaito Voyager is connected to the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The NWR network is provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) so your radio is automatically activated to inform you of any potentially hazardous weather conditions or warnings that can include natural, environmental and public safety when the radio is set to ALERT mode.
- The Kaito Voyager offers different ways of getting powered up, which makes it the best shortwave radio from Kaito. It can be connected to a standard AC outlet via an optional AC/DC adapter. The radio can run on three AA batteries. Use the built-in rechargeable NiMH battery for charging with an AC adapter. Crank the radio up when power and batteries are not available. Charge it through a computer. Or flip up the patented 180-degree adjustable solar panel for pure sun energy to run the Kaito Voyager.
- Use the radio for everyday purposes or emergency preparedness applications. It’s an indispensable tool for travelling, backpacking, camping, and other outdoor adventures. Use it as a bedside radio, alarm clock with dual settings, calendar, thermometer, sleep timer and humidity meter. Find out how cold or hot the weather is so you’ll always be prepared. Check if humidity is perfect for a day at the beach or a picnic in the backyard. Wake up when you have to after getting just the amount of sleep you need. Know which station the radio is on. With the Voyager, you can do so much while being helped by a small, reliable device.
- Tune in to long wave, shortwave, AM, FM, and NOAA weather whenever, wherever. The Kaito Voyager pulls in all the stations you want when you want. It even transmits other information including time, program data and station identification, thanks to Radio Data System (RDS) that embeds amounts of digital information into conventional FM radio broadcasts.
- With the Kaito Voyager, you can do private listening using the provided earphones. The user manual familiarizes you with the workings of this advance-technology device. It comes with 3 rechargeable NiMH batteries so you can use it right out of the box. The auxiliary input jack can be used to connect with external audio devices.
Get the best shortwave radio for everyday use and for emergency preparedness applications. The Kaito Voyager keeps you in touch with the world via advanced radio protocol. Weather alerts can be obtained as they come through NOAA-connected frequencies. Pull in the most hard-to-access stations on FM, AM, shortwave and long wave.