How to select a top shortwave radio from Kaito
Comes with impressive collection of shortwave radio accessories
Comprehensive frequency coverage
Variety of tuning methods
A customer submitted their notes for the Kaito Tecsun PL-660 reviews that included a minor issue on the knobs not being recessed into the cabinet, which could cause a sudden change of frequency when the user bumps into the knobs.
The radio has no line-out jack that can enable connection to another device.
Customer rating –> B+
- This world band receiver is shipped with: 120-volt AC/DC adapter for convenient connection to an outlet; FM/Shortwave wire antenna, for effortless and powerful tuning; earphones for private listening enjoyment; 4 pieces of Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries, for uninterruptible listening and added portability anywhere; a carrying pouch for storage and transport; a user manual in English. It can also serve as a clock and alarm.
- Get dependable extensive pick up of a wide variety of frequencies including FM, AM, shortwave, long wave, Single Side Band (SSB), and the aviation band at 118 to 137 MHz. It offers both FM Mono and Stereo.
- This is the best shortwave radio from Kaito due to its better variety of tuning methods that include: manual tuning using the tuning knob; keypad entry for greater accuracy; scanning, which allows the radio to capture the strongest-transmitting stations so you can simply choose which one you’d like to stay on; and automatic tuning system, which uses your selected presets so you can tune in directly to the desired station. For even more convenience, the Kaito radio provides 2,000 memories for preset so you can have easy access all the time.
- The Kaito radio has been engineered with greatly enhanced selectivity and sensitivity via AM synchronous detection plus dual conversion technologies. It can pick up even the remotest station on the frequency range, making it a truly impressive communications receiver unit.
- Be woken up by alarm through radio. You can program the Kaito radio to wake you up to your favorite radio station. This means you won’t have to bear being woken up by the same old alarm clock tone every day. The automatic alarm stopper deactivates the alarm within 1 to 90 minutes at your option. The Light & Snooze function is repeated three times every five minutes to ensure that you’re fully awake. The Digital Clock Function has dual 12/24 Hour format. The LCD display offers a read-out of the current station tuned in, temperature in OF or OC, and battery consumption so you’ll know when it’s time to recharge. The volume knob has a maximum of 30 sound levels so you can listen at your preferred setting. The on/off switch is designed to be highly intelligent thanks to how it allows you to turn the power on or off directly and to set the sleep timer from 1 to 120 minutes.
The best shortwave radio does not have to come with a hefty price tag. The Kaito Tecsun PL-660 offers a variety of bands and thousands of stations so you can listen to your heart’s content. It has impressive selectivity and sensitivity. The radio provides alarm clock and clock function and keeps you in touch with the world.